– 1 Egg
– Fast acting yeast
– Vanilla extract
– Cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
1. Warm your milk so that it’s lukewarm.
2. Add yeast to the milk, leave for a few minutes to bubble.
3. Add cottage cheese, sugar, egg, vanilla extract, lemon juice and zest. Mix.
4. Add melted butter and 1/2 flour to the yeast extract. Mix to form a dough.
5 Put dough on floured surface, knead a bit then put it back in your bowl and let it rise.
6. Add more flour on top before rolling out dough on floured surface. Put cottage cheese filling in the center of the dough.
7. Cut the outside edges of the dough and fold it in, so it almost resembles a braid.
8. Put the pastry on a baking sheet lined with wax paper and brush an egg wash on the top of the pastry.
9. Bake for 20 minutes until you see that it is a golden brown color.
Found on Tip Hero http://tiphero.com/lemon-cheese-bake/